Few ventures are as exciting as those pursued in an environment of continuous improvement and constant customer feed back. Those who aspire to the challenge of such opportunities and equip themselves accordingly are rewarded with rare success. One such story began in 1949,when one man dared to dream of taking Indian leather to the centrestage of the world leather industry. To a world, where fashion changed by the minute, and requirements in lesser time.
Mr. T Abdul Wahid established T. Abdul Wahid & Co. in 1949, with a leased tannery in Madras. A remarkably short five years later, the company had emerged as the largest exporter of vegetable tanned leather to America and Europe, and wet blue skins to the Soviet Union. Came the seventies, and T Abdul Wahid & Co diversified into finished leathers. Two ultra modern tanneries, outfitted with equipment from Europe, are capable of producing 2 million square feet every month. By the turn of the decade, T Abdul Wahid & Co was supplying fine kidskin to reputed shoe manufacturers worldwide.
The next move was logical. T Abdul Wahid & Co entered into production of shoes for the western markets.
Today, its highly sophisticated shoe factories are a pool of American and European footwear manufacturing expertise. Factories are equipped to make 2 million pairs of full shoes per annum. Full shoe factory is supported by a full fledged Tannery, inhouse product development Studio, Upper unit, Insole unit and Sole unit.